Wednesday, March 7, 2012

For Knee's Sake


Day 36-

So, I’ve always enjoyed a nice, long hot shower but now the scar gets deep purple and I can barely move the darn thing so I’m down to warm showers.  For some reason, they just aren’t the same.  So, today is the second day I’ve been watching what I eat, tracking calories and whatnot with an online site called “FitDay.com”.  It’s a free site that tracks what you eat and your activity so it takes most of the brainwork out of the whole process but I still find that now that I’m watching what I eat that now I’m hungry all the time.  I keep telling myself that it’s just cuz I’m paying attention to what I eat so I’m trying to drink more water (and water based drinks like tea and stuff) but it’s not really helping.  Lets just say that I hope this trying to lose some weight for the sake of my stupid knee pays off  in the end.  I have a doctors appointment next week and I’m planning on talking to him about how much he recommends I should lose and what sort of activities I will be able to do once I’m fully healed.  I’m still really over daytime TV and I’m trying to read more either during the day or at night before I go to sleep.  O, I almost forgot to mention that today was the first time I ventured outside without anyone helping me.  It was like it was meant to be as the only place the driveway that was totally dry was the route to the mailbox and that was where I went.  It feels good to be able to do more and more stuff on my own!!  Yippee for independence!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Sweetie. We're all proud of you.
    X X X O O O

    ReplyDelete