Tuesday, March 13, 2012

First Doctors Appointment


Day 43-

Todays appointment went very well and even had time afterwards to get breakfast at my favorite greasy spoon by his office.  I got to see the implant and it looked so cool!!  So that part that was replaced was the little “V” thing in your femur bone,  making for a heart shaped implant.  It just looks so cool.  I asked my doctor about how long I can expect to be laid up and he told me one year.  So, on January 1, 2013 I will be officially healed!!  He also told me to expect a longer rehab due to the number of surgeries  and interior trauma to the joint.  So I’m gonna be laid up longer than I thought but I suppose that it makes sense with all I’ve gone through in the past couple of years trying to get better.  I also will need the wheel chair a bit longer as well, as in possibly up to three months for longer walks such as the mall or stores.  I did get the script though for PT so I will start that soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment