Thursday, May 24, 2012

Inspiration


Day 102-

So I watch a lot of movies and TV with being laid up… there really is just no way not too when you are laid up.  Some days when you feel sore or sick or just straight up tired the TV is there, even if it’s just for noise while you drift in and out of sleep.  So while I was laid up the one day I watched “Soul Surfer”.  If you have never heard of this movie or the circumstances around it here is the synopsis:

                Soul Surfer is a 2011 American drama film about the life of surfer Bethany Hamilton. At the age of thirteen, Hamilton lost her arm to a shark attack. The film details the events surrounding this attack and her struggle during the aftermath” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Surfer_%28film%29)

So it’s a good movie even though it gets a little preachy in parts (She’s very devote and after what happened to her, even more so… but then again, DAMN!! Who wouldn’t be after something like that!).  I first saw this movie the second week I was home from the hospital and all I did during the movie was cry and cry and feel sorry for the both of us.  I mean she lost her arm… I lost my knee, it was a stupid accident for both of us that it happened (there was no clues that day for her of a shark in the water), both of us didn’t think we could go back to doing what we truly loved.  So it hit me… hard.  However, I watched it again later as in when I could move around and instead of making me cry again it inspired me.  She had one arm but she figured out how to get back to what she loved and I have a feeling that I might be the same way.  I was even thinking that I might have to wear to different kinds of pointe shoes once I get back to that level.  Maybe a stronger one on my right foot and my usual one on my left but I figure that I’ll make it work… somehow.  Then, today I watched a documentary called “Ballerina” which followed 4 Russian ballerina’s and the one Prima Ballerina broke her FOOT!! And after 8 months of rehab and work… she was able to dance again and she had pins in her foot.  So I figure if she can dance on pointe with pins in her foot and she dances full time I think I will be fine for those couple hours a week that I dance it will just take work and patience and for my teacher (whom is also my friend) to work with me and be willing to help and encourage me.  But in watching both films it occurred to me that it's amazing what people can do when it comes to getting back to what they love and both films seem to be encouraging me and somehow telling me that this is merely a hiccup in my life... rather than life altering and it's that the point in the end?!

No comments:

Post a Comment