Thursday, May 17, 2012

For People NOT Going Through This


Day 98-

So I’ve been thinking again about my wanting to work out.  I know that lifting my weights a couple times a week is good for me and I’m sure that it might be part of the reason that everyone thinks I look slimmer but I know I need cardio.  Here’s the thing though about that.  We all know that cardio is essential for losing weight and for a healthy heart but how do I get my heart rate up when I can’t do cardio?  I’m not allowed to use machines like treadmills or ellipticals and my balance isn’t good enough to do cardio at home.  So even though I desperately want to not only lose weight but I want to regain that nice (though still stocky) athletic build I used to have.  But how do you go about working out when you can’t work out?  It’s an annoying situation…but even more annoying when everyone thinks they know what you can and can’t do and then offer up their “professional” opinions.  So here is what I want everyone out there to know.  First, if you are a friend of someone going through this… unless you have gone through this don’t pretend to know what we can and can’t do.  And second, sometimes we just need to vent that despite how far we’ve come that we are still so far behind and that it just plain sucks.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment