Sunday, May 20, 2012

100 Days Since Surgery!


Day 100-

So today is the Hundred day mark which puts me about a third recovered.  Of course though we had another crappy turn in the weather since it’s now snowing out.  On the upside the pain I’ve been having right now is much less than last week when it was freezing cold after being almost 80 degrees for a week.  I’m not saying that I’m having no effects from the snow but it’s more stiff and it feels swollen and I’ve been slow moving but I can handle that as opposed to straight up pain.  So when we think about what I’ve gone through in the past 100 days it’s easy to see just how far I’ve come especially when I think that I’ve been using my cane less and less and the fact that I no longer use the wheelchair.  Does that mean I don’t need either, no since I do but only in certain situations.  As a treat to myself for all that I’ve done and for all that still lies ahead of me I had a little shopping spree at Old Navy.  I bought myself 4 summer dresses, a pair of sandals, a pair of Capri sweats for PT and for home and a fun shirt.  I know it’s not a new iPod or a Kindle Fire like I’ve been wanting or even a new cell phone but here’s the thing as well.  This summer, I can’t get ANY sun on my scar as it won’t fade right.  If it gets any sun the chance that it will fade out to white is unlikely so it has to be covered pretty much all the time.  For this reason, I needed a couple more long, maxi summer dresses and I got a couple shorter ones but they still cover at least 90% of the knee for either at night or for cloudy days.  The only thing I have yet to figure out is what I’m going to do when I go swimming or go to the beach… will I have to ace wrap it (Most likely I think as I don’t want people seeing it) but how will that effect my ability to swim or will I be able to just use something like Bullfrog sunscreen… or will I have to do both?!  I think that’s a question for my doctor but it’s a valid one as well since I just love to be outside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment