Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dance Reflections


Day 92-

After yesterday’s heartbreaking discovery I’m hoping that it was just because it was too early and I want to start myself on a ballet rehab plan for myself but I’m not sure how to put it together.  I sent a message to a friend of mine who is a ballet teacher for help and I’m hoping that she will get back to me soon.  In the meantime I keep trying to keep my spirits up by reminding myself that I’ve been able to get back to my yoga and with modification I can do a decent amount and that makes me feel a bit better.  I am also thinking of talking to my therapist at PT and seeing if she can help me as well with a ballet rehab since they have the double bars maybe it would help me with more stability and up my confidence.  I’m not looking to go on pointe yet… I’m just looking to know if I can EVEN do dance still.  I don’t know how much she knows about dance but maybe she can talk to someone and get a plan going for me as well.  I never noticed how much ballet means to me and how much it’s been my prime motivation to get well again.  Maybe I have to find new motivation… but all along that has been my long term goal and I’d hate to lose it.  I'm not sure what then would be my new motivation, I mean besides not being in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment