Sunday, January 15, 2012

Going Home... Finally!!

Day 4-

I’m going home today since I’ve been doing so well. I’m not really sick, my appetite is good and I’m pretty mobile. In fact, I was in and out of bed yesterday almost a dozen times and the staff here is amazed, well, except for my PT lady. She wants be to run a marathon this weekend I swear.
My pain is also so much more controlled since my IV popped out the day after surgery and I’ve been on pain pills instead. At first, it was every 6 hours but by hour 5 I was in more pain that I wanted to be so they switched me to every 4 hours with an optional shot twice a day. So far, I haven’t taken a shot but mostly cuz I hate needles but also because my pain isn’t that bad. See, I told you I was a toughie… I’m sure the pain is bad but it’s nothing I can’t handle. Needless to say, I can’t wait to go but I have to master stairs today to be totally cleared. They are hard and painful and the PT lady doesn’t let me use crutches but when I get home, I will be using crutches and I’m sure that it will be much easier to get into the house. Sadly, getting into my parents truck to come home was awful and getting into my house was awful. The amount of pain I was in… I wasn’t prepared for it. Thankfully my fiancĂ©e is coming home soon but all I can do it cry with the pain. My parents get me set up in my bedroom but even that was hard after the car trip. Maybe I should have stayed another day in the hospital but I hated getting a blood draw everyday as well. But I’m home now and I’d rather be here any day. Now the fun really starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment