Friday, February 17, 2012

Progress

Day 30-

Had PT again today and I’m just cruising right along. Was finally able to do a couple leg lifts today and that’s been my biggest obstacle. So today I got my knee to 102 degrees, walked outside with just my cane and lifted my leg… I LIFTED MY LEG!! I haven’t been able to do that since the surgery and today I finally did it. I laugh with my therapist that this is such a workout and it really is. After she leaves, I ice the knee and take a nice, long nap. Tonight, I’m going to dinner with some friends and I’m really looking forward to that as well. I’m even planning on having a beer with dinner!! That’s my reward for all my hard work and for all the hard work to come. After this upcoming week, I’ll be heading to out-patient PT instead of at home. We were also talking about the pain that I’m having now and she said that the soreness and whatnot that I have now is surgical pain and that with my improvements it’s all a sign that the surgery was a success! A SUCCESS! That’s a wonderful thing to hear especially after how much pain I’ve been in for so long. Ah, such an exciting day… now, for a nap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment