Tuesday, February 14, 2012

4 Weeks Out

Day 28-

So today has been 4 weeks since my surgery. Some days I don’t feel as though I’m progressing and other days I feel like I’m kicking ass in ten different directions. I mentioned this to my Physical Therapist and she told me that I’m really rocking it. When she started going through how much I’ve accomplished in just her couple of visits I suppose she’s right. I’m able to walk with a straight cane and even a little by myself, I can do stairs with a cane now, get into the shower myself and mostly hobble on my own. In fact, she even changed my status from Co-dependent to INDEPENDENT! To me, that’s a huge thing that after only 4 weeks I’m doing stuff on my own. Part of me thinks that its due in part to me being very active prior to the surgery and the injury with dance, Yoga and Pilates plus playing sports. It’s like I have an inner drive to get better and I really want to wear stilettos and wedges this summer with my Maxi-dresses since now my leg is so ugly that I’ll have to rock fabulous shoes to distract from the scar. I also got permission to start putting Cocoa Butter on the scar to help it fade out and to help desensitize it. The swelling that is above my knee is still really bugging me but I’m hoping that once the quad muscle gets stronger that it will go away or break up more as we work it. Also, the scar is moving better and she thinks that the scar tissue is breaking up well too. I guess I really am coming along, I just live with myself so I guess I just don't see it and it doesn’t dawn on me just how far I’ve come in just a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment